Do you have an open heart? Do you think in solutions, not problems? Do you want your company to start investing its time and talents into something with great purpose? And above all, are you curious about what you and your organisation can do for refugees? And what they can do for you?
Movement Journey | Why
On the Greek islands, many refugees are stuck for months, even years, without their basic human needs being met, let alone having any clear perspective about their future.
It was for this reason that Movement On The Ground was created in 2015 by five entrepreneurs in response to the inhumane conditions in which refugees were residing on Lesbos. Movement On The Ground worked to fill the gaps missed by humanitarian aid, utilising the helpful hands of international visiting volunteers, the local Greek community and the campUS residents themselves. What started as a friendly initiative has grown into a movement that impacts thousands of lives on daily basis. Watch this TEDx talk by one of the founders for the inspiring story.
Movement Journey | For Whom
This programme is designed for senior executives who are touched by and feel connected to people on the flight and are open to committing their company resources and staff to the mission of Movement On The Ground and the empowerment of refugees.
Movement Journey | Programme
- Preparation evening: introduction to travel party, travel information, explanation of refugee problem and current situation on Lesbos.
- Movement Journey to Lesbos (4 days, Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday).
- Return meeting in which we reflect on your experience on Lesbos, your observations and what kind of solutions or commitment you and your company can make in support of the mission of Movement On The Ground and the empowerment of refugees.
Movement Journey | Practical information
- When: Two Movement Journeys will take place in 2020:
- week of August 24, facilitated by Suzanne Bontje & Jasper Folmer
- week of October 26, facilitated by Gerdien Gesink & Klaas Jan Smit
- Location: Lesbos Greece
- Investment: € 1.950 excl. Airline ticket and VAT.
- Number of participants per trip: six participants from the corporate sector.
Are you interested or do you want more information, please e-mail Movement On The Ground.