An improved position for vulnerable detainees in the most inhumane places in the world.
The Dutch&Detained Foundation is an independent non-profit organization which helps Dutch citizens who are detained abroad. They give free legal support and they aim for a fair trial and humane treatment. Dutch&Detained focus their help on the most vulnerable, often underprivileged, detainees. Common vulnerabilities are: poverty, position of dependence, cognitive limitations and physical/psychiatric problems.
Because Dutch&Detained is not allowed to act as a lawyer abroad they can help the detainee with different kind of legal support:
- the choice of a local lawyer;
- explanation of the course of the criminal case;
- determining process strategy;
- supplying relevant information from the Netherlands; and
- the choice for a possible WOTS request.
Please visit: Dutch and Detained.