Stichting ForestPeace Foundation
1031 KS Amsterdam
Stichting ForestPeace Foundation
1200 AE Hilversum
Founded: 2 July 2019
Chamber of Commerce number: 75254840
RSIN (identification number for legal entities and associations): 860210315
Mr Fred Matser – Chair
Mr Evert K. Greup – Secretary
Mr Joannes (Johan) C.B. Bontje – Treasurer
The Foundation has the following objectives:
- promoting the survival of the ecological system (including humanity) and the conservation and restoration of nature;
- promoting ecologically oriented agriculture and the planting of forests in the margins (in terms of area) of the land with the aim of selecting and planting crops based on human consumption of the harvest;
- promoting education on the subjects mentioned in the points 1 and 2 above;
- offering people (including those with limited access to the labour market) a place in which they can become empowered by connecting with themselves and nature, and can grow through activities such as working on the land and in the forest, and everything else directly or indirectly related to or conducive to this in the broadest sense.
The Foundation will attempt to achieve its objectives by:
- acquiring, managing, maintaining and operating property suited to the purpose;
- to a very limited extent, establishing and maintaining buildings and movable property that are wholly or partly at the service of the Foundation’s purpose;
- providing information on natural and scenic landscape areas;
- raising the funds needed to achieve the objectives, including attracting financing to achieve the objectives;
- financially supporting other legal entities, organisations and institutions whose objectives align with those of the Foundation.
Stichting ForestPeace Foundation has been granted ANBI (Public Benefit Organisation) status by the Tax Authorities. An ANBI must publish specific information on a website. You can download the ForestPeace ANBI document below (in Dutch only):
First acquisition: ‘Natuurplaats Binnenbos’ in Driebergen-Rijsenburg (formerly known as Sterkenburg Nature Reserve and Hofstede Peppelkamp)
Stichting ForestPeace Foundation made its first acquisition in 2019. This was the Sterkenburg nature reserve and Hofstede Peppelkamp in Driebergen-Rijsenburg (the Netherlands). The land is a total of 86 hectares in area and comprises a) a company home belonging to a former agricultural company, b) 26 hectares of cultivated land and c) 60 hectares of natural land.
We have given the estate a new Dutch name: ‘Natuurplaats Binnenbos’ which is best translated as ‘Nature Reserve Innerforest’.
Natuurplaats Binnenbos is a unique combination of forest, natural grassland and cultivated land. The site offers numerous possibilities for using cultivated land in such a way as to provide people with a rich experience of nature (food forest, vegetable garden, flower garden). It has the potential to become a place where awareness and the experience of nature go hand in hand with nature education; a valuable experience for people from all walks of life.
Plans for the creation of a food forest are currently being worked out in greater detail. In addition to a food forest, we are also considering a vegetable garden, a flower garden for bees, butterflies and other insects, and a recreational area centered around a meeting place.
We also want to pay specific attention to target groups such as refugees and people with limited access to the labour market, or those who have a temporary or ongoing care issue. By supporting them on the land, in the forest or at the meeting place, we hope to help them reconnect with themselves, improve their self-worth and contribute to making the world a better place, enabling them to return to their full strength.
Our fundamental principle is to manage the acquired estate in such a way that nature is allowed to take its course as much as possible. Management is necessary, but people must be at the service of nature rather than the other way around.
Do you want to follow the activities of ‘Natuurplaats Binnenbos’? Please visit Natuurplaats Binnenbos.